Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ammends

I don't have the courage
to face him yet again
to willingly break my heart
in order to make ammends.
I know I love him
I know I shouldn't
but to say goodbye forever
I absolutely couldn't.
I gave him my heart
he ripped it apart
I did the same to him.
if only we could go back to the the start
of when all this began
when our hearts still beat
but would we fix it
or would things just repeat.
I want to be with him
to have and to hold
but how can I love him
when his heart is now cold.
I dream about his face
I dream about his lips
I dream how he has slipped
from my desperate flailing grips.
I don't know
if I can escape these thoughts
so until I do
my heart will sit here and rot.
Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
I'm sorry that we couldn't
make ammends.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment